Henna mixed with Indigo makes beautiful natural dark hair colours. Whether you apply henna and indigo together or separately in a one- or two-step process depends on your starting complexion and what hair color you want to achieve. So if you are looking for that gorgeous dark hair, here is what you have to do;
Step 1 – Treat your hair with Henna.
- In a mixing bowl, soak the Henna Powder (100 gms for short hair, 200 gms for shoulder-length hair, 300 gms for long hair) with lukewarm water.
- Apply the paste on clean hair for 45-60 minutes, depending on preferred intensity.
- Rinse thoroughly only with water, repeating as many times as you intuitively need. Do not use shampoo.
Step 2 – Treat your hair with Indigo.
- After rinsing your hair, let them dry.
- Prepare a paste by mixing indigo powder (100 grams for short hair, 200 grams for shoulder-length hair, 300 grams for long hair) in lukewarm water.
- Apply on your hair, using gloves if applying with your hands.
- Leave on for 45 minutes, or more, depending on preferred intensity. It’s advisable to keep it on your hair for up to 1 hour to get the rich black color.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Wash your hair with a cleansing shampoo and use a conditioner.