How To Apply Henna And Natural Hair Colors On Hair Application Process
STEP 1: Preparation
Required these following things
- 1) Take the substantial quantity of the henna color powder as per the hair length.
- 2) Shower cap or plastic wrap to cover hair.
- 3) A pair of gloves
- 4) Comb
STEP 2: Making the Paste
- 1) Mix henna powder with slightly warm water as per 1:3 ratio.
- 2) One portion of henna color should be combined with three parts of warm --water to get the desired consistency.
- 3) Make the paste so thick that it can be easily and gently applied to hair. --Paste should not be too thick or too thin and should be applicable easily --on the hair so that it will not fall down.
STEP 3: Application on hair
- 1) Apply the paste from the ends to the tips of the roots. with a brush, comb the hair after five minutes so that the paste should --reach the roots of the hair.
- 2) If any grayness is observed, apply more paste on that portion. Pay special attention to the hairline.
- 3) Ensure that the color paste is completely applied to the hair.
- 4) Take a plastic wrap or shwer cap and cover your hair. Wrap it well all the way around your hairline without covering your ears. --This wrap will help the henna to set as the cling plastic will keep the henna warm and moist.
- 5) It takes around 1 hour for the henna to set. But you can leave it a little bit longer for a more vibrant color.
STEP 4: Rinse out
Rinse out completely with normal water only. Use shampoo and conditioner after removing henna.
- 1) Before applying the hair dye paste, always wash your hair cleanly with shampoo and dry hair properly. do not apply any --conditioner.
- 2) Henna is always best absorbed in clean hair. There should be no dirt, grime, or oil in your hair.
- 3) This way the henna will stay longer in your hair and the color would develop more properly, otherwise, if your hair would be --dirty the henna molecules will not make the proper bond with the natural hair oil, and the color will fade away within a week.
Things to Remember Before Using
Natural Hair Colors
Grey hair may take multiple applications for the truest color. In the beginning use 3 times in a month for the best result.
If you have severe allergies or sensitive skin and scalp, do a patch test before using the dye. (Recommend)
If you have recently applied a chemical hair dye to your hair, please wait for at least 1 month before using natural colors.
Natural hair colors are semi-permanent hair colors and their vibrancy may last up to four weeks before gradually fading.